The William F. Cody Papers 2 (MS 163) contains personal papers, student work, awards, architectural drawings and plans, office
records, marketing and public relations materials, presentation drawings, photographs, correspondence, and project files from
the architect's estate, acquired through purchase from his daughter in 2008-09.
William Francis Cody, Fellow, American Institute of Architects (1916-1978) was an influential Desert Modern architect who
practiced in Palm Springs at the peak of the Modernist movement. Between 1946 and 1973, Cody maintained a diverse practice
in California's Coachella Valley, designing country clubs, residences, hotels, library, and church projects in the local communities
of Palm Springs, Indian Wells, Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert, and in southern California, Arizona, Mexico, and Cuba.
41 boxes (30 linear feet)
19 flat file drawers
In order to reproduce, publish, broadcast, exhibit, and/or quote from this material, researchers must submit a written request
and obtain formal permission from Special Collections, Cal Poly, as the owner of the physical collection.
Collection is open to qualified researchers by appointment only. For more information on access policies and to obtain a copy
of the Researcher Registration form, please visit the Special Collections Access page. Advance notice for use required.