Jump to Content

Collection Guide
Collection Title:
Collection Number:
Get Items:
Guide to the Calvary Cemetery Record Collection MS 83
MS 83  
View entire collection guide What's This?
PDF (52.39 Kb) HTML
Search this collection
Collection Overview
 
Table of contents What's This?
Description
This collection contains maps, ledgers, and registers related to Calvary Cemetery in San Diego, CA.
Background
Established around 1876 as a Catholic cemetery by Father Antonio Ubach, Calvary Cemetery in San Diego's Mission Hills’ community was used extensively from 1880 to 1919. After the last burial in 1960, it fell into disrepair and a city resolution converted the cemetery into Calvary Memorial Pioneer Park in 1970. Of the more than 600 gravestones and monuments that remained in the cemetery, 142 were preserved in a section of the park while the others were removed to the city's Mount Hope Cemetery.
Extent
0.25 Linear feet (1 box)
Restrictions
The San Diego History Center (SDHC) holds the copyright to any unpublished materials. SDHC Library regulations do apply.
Availability
This collection is open for research.