The E. Keith Lockard papers span 9 linear feet and date from 1914 to circa 1965. The collection is composed exclusively of
architectural drawings and reprographic copies, primarily of residences in the Santa Barbara region (Goleta, Montecito, Lompoc,
as well as Camarillo) but also includes some commercial projects such as retail buildings and animal hospitals.
E. Keith Lockard was born on December 2, 1982 in San Ynez, California. He attended the University of California, Berkeley,
where he graduated with his Bachelor’s degree in Architecture in 1916. After school, Lockard found work at Lougheed Brothers
Aircraft Company in Santa Barbara. By 1922, Lockard had secured his own independent architectural firm. In 1938, Roy W. Cheeseman
partnered with Lockard, and the two architects worked together until the firm dissolved in 1942. Lockard then moved to San
Francisco and joined the firm of Blanchard and Maher, Architects. Three years later Lockard moved to Reno, Nevada to help
Blanchard and Maher establish another architectural firm. By 1948 Lockard was named the successor of Blanchard and Maher,
Architects and in 1951, an architect by the name of Ralph Casazza joined the partnership. In an effort to win architecture
and engineering commissions for major defense projects, Lockard formed a second association in 1959 called Lockard, Casazza,
Parsons and Associates. E. Keith Lockard died at the age of 76, in 1968 in Reno, Nevada.