The Blackwood Press was founded in 1956 by Edmund Simpson, M.D., of Placervile, California. The collection contains pamphlets
and botanical prints used as examples of work commissioned to the Blackwood Press.
The Blackwood Press was founded in 1956 by Edmund Simpson, M.D., of Placervile, California.
All applicable copyrights for the collection are protected under chapter 17 of the U.S. Copyright Code. Requests for permission
to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Head of Special Collections. Permission for publication
is given on behalf of the Regents of the University of California as the owner of the physical items. It is not intended to
include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Collection is open for research.