The Liebermann Collection primarily consists of drawings and photographs documenting the single-family homes he designed during
the course of his career. The collection is arranged in two series: Professional Papers and Project Records spanning the dates
1957 to 1996.
Daniel Judah Liebermann was born in South Orange, New Jersey in 1930 to engineer Morton and Dr. Shulamith Liebermann. He attended
New York's prestigious and private Fieldston School prior to receiving an undergraduate degree from Johns Hopkins University.
Following graduation, he spent more than a year in the master of architecture program at the Harvard Graduate School of Design,
before leaving for a Master of Fine Arts in sculpture at the University of Colorado, Boulder. From 1956 to 1958 he was a member
of the Frank Lloyd Wright Fellowship at Taliesen, in Scottsdale, AZ and Spring Green, WI. In 1959 he moved to California first
working with landscape architect Thomas Church and then with Aaron Green Associates, Wright's associate for the Marin County
Civic Center project. Apart from a nine-year span in Northern Europe, he lived and practiced architecture in Northern California
for the remainder of his life. He passed away in 2015
17 Cubic Feet
2 document boxes, 25 flat file folders, and 9 tubes
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from materaials in the collection should be discussed with the
Collection is open for research. Many of the Environmental Design Archives collections are stored offsite and advance notice
is required for use.