Ephemera related to Zamorano Club events from 1929-1935, from the collection of bibliographer Robert E. Cowan.
The Zamorano Club is a Southern Californian organization for bibliophiles and manuscript collectors. It was founded in 1928,
and sponsors lectures and publications on book-related topics. The Club was named in honor of Agustín V. Zamorano (1798-1842),
a provisional governor of Alta California and the state's first printer. It is club tradition to present keepsakes to Club
members at meetings, resulting in a variety of printed mementos ranging from pamphlets to small books; sometimes the items
are reproductions of historical documents. Early members include A. Gaylord Beaman, Garner A. Beckett, William W. Clary, Arthur
M. Ellis, W. Irving Way, Robert O. Schad, and Robert E. Cowan.
0.21 Linear feet
Copyright has not been assigned to the William Andrews Clark Memorial Library, UCLA. All requests for permission to publish
or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Clark Librarian. Permission for publication is given on behalf
of the William Andrews Clark Memorial Library, UCLA as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply
permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained.
Collection is open for research.