This collection contains petitions and reports and other documents related to early Butte County roads and other transportation
such as ferries and bridges.
Starting in 1850 the Butte County Court of Sessions held local jurisdiction over county government business, acting like a
board of supervisors. Butte County public road matters fell under the jurisdiction of the Court of Sessions. In 1855 the Butte
County Board of Supervisors was created leaving the Court of Sessions to deal with only certain criminal matters. Therefore
after 1854 the records of this collection are addressed and labeled as the Butte County Board of Supervisors not the Court
of Sessions. In 1863 the Court of Sessions was abolished.
Items: 3 boxes, 2 oversized items Linear Feet: 1.04 linear feet
The library can only claim physical ownership of the collection. Users are responsible for satisfying any claimants of literary
Collection is open for research without restriction.