The Douglas Dacre Stone drawings span 6 linear feet and date from 1934 to 1936. The collection is composed of two flat file
folders that each document a different project. Projects, documented in the form of architectural drawings, include the Neil
B. Brown Mortuary building (San Francisco, Calif.) and the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals building addition
(San Francisco, Calif.).
Douglas Dacre Stone was born on March 10, 1897 in Yokohama, Japan. He received his bachelor’s and master’s degree from the
University of California, Berkeley. From 1924 to 1927, Stone worked as a designer for the architectural firm of Hyman and
Appleton in San Francisco, California. He became a partner with architect Louis Beldon Mulloy forming Stone and Mulloy in
1928. In 1951, Mulloy and Stone partnered with Silvio Peter Marraccini to form Stone, Mulloy and Marraccini. In 1955, yet
another architect joined the partnership, Norman William Patterson. That same year Louis Beldon Mulloy left the firm. Stone,
Marraccini and Patterson, Architects practiced architecture into the 1960s. Douglas Stone died in 1969 in San Francisco, California
where he had spent his entire architectural career.